The mission of the East Shore Trail and Bike Association is to have a community coordinated, inclusive process to strategically guide the preservation of, use and environmentally sustainable growth of non-motorized trail use and user groups on Kootenay Lakes East Shore.
The vision of the East Shore Trail and Bike Association is to have:
• A collaborative and sustainable process to review and coordinate trail management annually;
• Identified and empowered trail groups as champions to guide strategic location and selection of new trails and growth areas;
• Identified and empowered trail groups as champions in the protection and maintenance of existing areas while aiming to formalize legal status of trails;
• Support from all stakeholders, including water-user groups, for a managed trail network
• Identified areas for growth and trail development.
Founder and Project Manager
GIS, Graphic and Web Design
Lorna is a contact person for the “Trailheads” hiking group on the East Shore of Kootenay Lake. She holds a degree in biology and experiences ongoing happiness learning more about wild plants, animals, and wilderness trails. She teaches short courses on animal tracks and animal sign interpretation upon request.
Made on the east shore of kootenay lake ©